Campings.com was founded in 2008, and is the European leader in camping holiday bookings.
Campings.com is both a tour operator and a distributor, and has 2,000 partner campsites in ten European destinations. From family friendly campsites to 5 star resorts, we provide a range of choices for all campers. In fact, 500,000 customers go on holiday each year with one of the Campings.com brands.
In 2016 the Company reached a 61.6 M€ turnover and presently has around 100 employees.
Through our publications, Campings.com upholds our values as well as the campsites mind-sets: friendliness, freedom and authenticity.
The Campings.com adventure
- Pioneers in online campsite bookings.
- European leaders in campsite bookings, with almost 2,000 partner campsites.
- A multichannel distributer: websites ownership, travel agencies, online tour operators, works councils, own brand partners…
- 9 years’ experience in the camping hospitality market.
- The strength of a generic brand: Campings.com
- 2.000 partner campsites whose bookings can be made directly from Campings.com.
- Destinations in 9 countries: France, Italy, Croatia, Spain, Portugal, Slovenia, Austria, Hungary and Switzerland.
- 61.6 M€ turnover in 2016.
- 500.000 customers a year, mainly from France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, and Italy.
- 10 million visits to our combined websites.
Our distribution networks
The Campings.com Company has 3 main websites for booking camping holidays. Apartment bookings for winter sports is a secondary sector of its activity.
The Spanish leader was rebought in 2016 and the new version of Campings.com was launched in January 2017. This updated version was developed with Responsive Web Design and is primarily focused on mobile phone visits.
Vacances-campings.fr was the group’s old website that won over the French clientele. It had more than 10 million hits in 2016, making it one of the most viewed websites in the camping hospitality market.
The website for recipients of VACAF vouchers. It has over 300 campsites.
In 8 years, we’ve built business relationships with over 5,000 establishments and distributors. Each season, our partners renew their trust in us, and this is evident from the turnover, which increased by 32%* in 2016 in their network.
2017 target: develop our distribution network in the German, Belgian, and Dutch markets.
*compared to 2015
The Campings.com Company markets its holidays in over 1,000 works councils under the “Camping Numéro 1” brand. The Mosaik offer was exclusively designed for Works Councils, and allows those involved to easily provide stays, specifically designed for their employees in terms of rates and booking methods.
Campings.com is the exclusive partner of Fram.fr, Lastminute.com, Promovacances.com, voyages-sncf.com and viamichelin.fr (among others) to manage the booking platform for campsite holidays.
We encourage these companies to vary their offers and increase their revenue with one key solution in hand: a booking website with their brand colours and personalised customer support.